Recap: UFC: Moraes vs Sandhagen

 Recap: UFC: Moraes vs Sandhagen

UFC On ESPN+ 37: Moraes Vs. Sandhagen Winners, Bonuses, Reactions And Video  Highlights

Grade For Event: A

Picks Record For Event: 9-2

Moraes vs Sandhagen: What a bounce back performance for Sandhagen. I have to say that I did have a couple of questions coming into this fight for Cory after his last fight that he lost quickly. He more than answered most of those questions last night. He gave Moraes all kinds of fits on the feet. Cory throws such a variation of strikes that Marlon had no idea what was getting thrown at him and from what direction it was coming from. Sandhagen put the bow on this performance with a spectacular spinning wheel kick to the top of Moraes's dome in the second round. I saw some chatter online about the stoppage being early, but those people are stupid, it was a good stoppage. This was easily Sandhagen's best performance in the octagon, and it put himself into great position regarding the 135lb title picture. I think he is a bad match up for a lot of guys at that weight. 

Best of the Rest: The best card of the year by far. I kept telling people the week leading up to this card that this one had good potential and it more than delivered. I will try and go in chronological order the best I can with this one. Edson Barboza put on a great performance in his win over Amirkhani. He looks prime to make another title run at his new home of 145lbs. Dricus Du Plessis, the fighter I was the most excited to see last night, got a good first round KO over Perez. I think he is already a top 25 guy at middleweight and would look for him to get a big name in his next fight. Another fighter I was excited to see, Tom Aspinall, got another first round KO. I hope the matchmakers at the UFC don't throw him to the sharks of the heavyweight division just yet. 27 years old is super young in that division, so there is no need to put him on the fast track. Tom Breese had a very nice win over KB Bhullar, KOing him in the first round. He has one of the best jabs in all of MMA and I'm happy to see him back in the win column. Chris Daukaus got a slick first round KO over Nassimento. His striking is really good and he is so quick for a big man that I see him moving up that division very fast. There were other great performances last night but all fail in comparison to what Joaquin Buckley did last night. He scored a knock out that will be played on highlight reels until the end of days. Words can't do it justice so I will link to the clip here(it is well worth the watch). Overall a great night for MMA and the UFC. 

Fighter Tweet of the Night:

 Tweet of the Night:

Video of the Night: 

Comments

Popular Posts